- Official Website: https://reddit.com
- Icon Support: No
- Message Format: Text
- Message Limit: 6000 Characters per message
- Visit https://www.reddit.com/prefs/apps and scroll to the bottom
- Click on the button that reads 'are you a developer? create an app...'
- Set the mode to
- Provide a
redirect uri(it can be anything).
- Save your configuration:
- Once the bot is saved, you'll be given a ID (next to the the bot name) and a Secret.
- The App ID will look something like this:
- The App Secret will look something like this:
- The App will also have a location where you can identify the users/developers who can also use this key. By default it's already configured to be yours. You will need to use the user/pass of one of the accounts identified here as well to use the posting capabilities.
Valid syntax is as follows:
|app_id||Yes||The App ID generated for your script application you created on the Reddit Apps page.|
|app_secret||Yes||The App Secret generated for your script application you created on the Reddit Apps page.|
|user||Yes||The Reddit UserID associated with one of the developers attached to your application you generated. By default this is just the same user account you used to create the Reddit app in the first place.|
|pass||Yes||The Reddit password associated with the UserID defined above.|
|kind||No||The message kind can be set to either |
Set this to
|ad||No||Specify whether or not what you are posting is an advertisement. By default this is set to No.|
|nsfw||No||The Not Safe For Work (NSFW) flag. By default this is set to No.|
|replies||No||Send all replies of the thread to your (Reddit) inbox? By default this is set to Yes.|
|resubmit||No||Let Reddit know this is a re-post. Some subreddits block the re-posting of content; setting this flag to |
|spoiler||No||Mark your post with the spoiler flag. By default this is set to No.|
|flair_id||No||Provide the |
|flair_text||No||Provide the |
Note: Reddit always requires a
title to go with it's
body. Reddit will deny your post (upstream) if you don't provide both.