Google Chat Receipe
- Official Website: https://chat.google.com/
- Icon Support: No
- Message Format: Markdown
- Message Limit: 4000 Characters per message
For this to work correctly you a GSuite account (there are free trials if you don't have one). You then need to create a Webhook; they can be done as follows:
- Open Google Chat in your browser
- Go to the room to which you want to add a bot.
- From the room menu at the top of the page, select Manage webhooks.
- Provide it a name and optional avatar and click SAVE
- Copy the URL associated with your new webhook.
- Click outside the dialog box to close.
When you've completed, you'll get a URL that looks a little like this:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
| | | | | |
workspace ... webhook_key... ..webhook_token..
Simplified, it looks like this:
Now it's important to note that while this Magic Receipe plugin uses
gchat://, you can also just use this URL exactly the way it was provided to you from Google when you copied and pasted. This is a perfectly valid Google Chat Magic Receipe URL as well.
Valid syntax is as follows:
|workspace||Yes||The workspace associated with your Google Chat account.|
|webhook_key||Yes||The webhook key associated with your Google Chat account.|
|webhook_token||Yes||The webhook token associated with your Google Chat account.|